Michigan Wedding Photojournalist Marci Curtis ~ The Making of a Wedding Photojournalist
What's YOUR story? Here's mine!
The REAL Marci Curtis …
I've never met an animal or baby I haven't tried to talk to.
I'm a silly person who takes my photography business seriously.
♥ Giving always feels better than getting.
I spent a lot of time learning to like coffee. WHY?!?!
♫ Betcha can't hum a show tune that I won't know.
My happy place is in the water. Any kind, any time …
which explains why so many of my clients end up in the water!
Apparently I look JUST like someone you know!
Be nice, play fair, be curious and you'll be happy.
My wonderful family makes me all gooey inside.
I still cry at weddings.
I make up goofy songs about my kids, my hubby and my dog.
Any day I learn something new is a GREAT day.
So I learn something new every day and life is great!
I'm learning to tap dance.
If I can make it better, I will. ♥
Lived in Europe for 15 years, yet can still only speak baby talk Italian and French.
My Dad was an . We moved a lot.
I've been told by clients that I melt into the background during sessions. Inherited skills perhaps?
High school seniors are the most fascinating people on earth.
The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance.
Yoga cures everything!
I photographed my own C-Section and both my daughter's weddings (but just their small, legal ones).
• Started taking photos at 4 years old, but didn't become
professional until 5th grade.
• High School: L'Ecole Internationale De Geneve - not as snobby as it sounds … really!
• College: University of Michigan - BGS (that's a Bachelor of General Studies) …
majoring in journalism, theater, photography & business.
Not quite as wishy washy as it sounds … really!
• Ann Arbor News: 3 years photojournalist, mainly sports (NBA finals, Rosebowl, March Madness)
... totally as cool as you might think!
• Associated Press: 6.5 years covering Presidents and presidential wannabes … by turns wild and tedious.
• Freelance: Time, Newsweek, People, SNL, Washington Post, USA Today, New York Times,
LA Times, and many, many now defunct fabulous papers.
• Penguin Putnam: Author/Illustrator with over 2,000,000 copies sold!
- Big Sister, Little Sister - 2000,
- I Was So Silly - 2002,
- Big Brother, Little Brother - 2004
• Oh yeah … and 1,300 weddings and counting with 1,300 and counting super happy couples!
And yeah, my Michigan brides have voted me
"Favorite Michigan Wedding Photographer" a whopping 12 + years in a row!
God, I love my job!
To find out what my clients think about me,
click on the section called "Rave Reviews".
Please e-mail me to check availability!
I will contact you the same day to let you know my schedule. If you don't hear back from me,
my response is in your spam filter! If you prefer to chat via cell, please send me your phone number and I will call you directly.
If my e-mail link isn't working for you, please contact me directly at; [email protected]
Copyright © Marci Curtis
|Michigan Wedding Photojournalist Experience and Resume|